- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup Chantico Granulated Agave
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup fruit preserves (or apple butter)
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Mix together butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
2. Add in 1/2 cup granulated agave and salt and mix for 1 minute.
3. Slowly add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
4. Place the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and press it into a rectangle shape, about 1 in. thick. Wrap the dough tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces, working with one piece at a time.
8. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12 x 8 in. rectangle.
9. Spread 1/4 cup of the preserves/butter evenly onto the dough.
10. Sprinkle 1/4 cup dates and 1/4 cup walnuts evenly on top.
11. Roll the dough tightly from the long side into a log.
12. Place it seam side down onto your prepared baking sheet and repeat with the process with the remaining dough.
13. Brush each log with milk and sprinkle with remaining granulated agave.
14. Using a knife, cut the logs 3/4 through (not all the way) into 1 in. slices.
15. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes, and then transfer to a cutting board to slice all the way through.